Israeli forces prevented Palestinians wishing to perform last Friday prayers at Al-Aqsa Mosque from crossing from the occupied West Bank to Jerusalem.
Eyewitnesses reported that the Israeli forces sent reinforcements to the checkpoints set up during the transition from the West Bank to Jerusalem, and did not allow some Palestinians to pass by checking their identity.
The Palestinians, who wanted to cross from the West Bank to Jerusalem, set up long lines at the Qalandia checkpoint, north of Jerusalem, and at the “300” checkpoint, south of the city.
Despite adhering to the minimum age, Israeli forces did not allow some of the men to enter for “security” reasons. Many people had to return from the checkpoints for various reasons.
In his interview with the correspondent of A.A. Palestinian Iyad Oweinat, 59, said that Israeli forces intercepted him at the Kalindia checkpoint.
Oweinat said, “The Israeli forces prevented me from entering Jerusalem to pray at Al-Aqsa Mosque on the fourth Friday. But I try every time.” He said.
On the other hand, while some Palestinians tried to reach Al-Aqsa Mosque by crossing the Wall of Shame between the West Bank and Jerusalem, many of them did not succeed because of the Israeli patrols.
Age limit for Al-Aqsa Mosque from Israel
With the decision taken on March 20, Israel imposed an upper age limit for Palestinians to attend Friday prayers at Al-Aqsa Mosque during Ramadan.
He announced that Palestinian women residing in the occupied West Bank, children under the age of twelve, and Palestinians over the age of 56 can come to occupied East Jerusalem without permission to pray at Al-Aqsa Mosque on Friday.
Palestinian men between the ages of 45 and 55 were required to obtain special permission to attend Al-Aqsa Mosque.
Palestinians living in the occupied West Bank need special permission to visit holy sites such as Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied East Jerusalem, outside the Israeli protective wall, and to visit relatives inside Israel.
To exit the occupied West Bank, Palestinians must use one of 23 checkpoints along the firewall.
- Balkans | Commemoration of the Mega massacre on April 27, Day of the Missing
- 5 Important Mesoamerican Civilizations That Existed Before the Aztecs
- Balkans | Foreign Minister Cavusoglu: The balance between the United States, Turkey and Greece has begun to deteriorate
- Balkans | Commemoration of the victims of the Khojaly massacre in Croatia
- Balkans | The reaction of the Islamic world to the burning of the Noble Qur’an in Sweden
- Balkans | Levent Goktas, one of the perpetrators of the Hablemitoğlu assassination, was transferred from Bulgaria to Turkey
- Balkans | Romanian President Klaus Iohannis visits Bulgaria
- Balkans | 9 people were killed in an armed attack on a seventh-grade student at a school in Serbia
- Balkans | Milanovic: Vucic is starting to move away from Russia
- Balkans | Early general elections will be held in Bulgaria on April 2