In the plenary session of the Kosovo Assembly, developments in the north of the country are being discussed, as the Presidency Council of the Assembly has invited Kosovar Prime Minister Albin Kurti to explain the situation and the damaged relations with the United States.
Referring to the situation in the north of the country, Albin Kurti, Prime Minister of Kosovo, in his address to the deputies, mentioned that the new mayors of northern Kosovo are accompanied by security forces as they need to ensure unhindered access to municipal buildings.
And stressing that this is not a political decision, Corti said: “At this stage, I must confirm that the security forces accompany the newly elected mayors to take office, and that it is the decision of the security institutions that evaluates the degree of danger, and therefore it is not a political decision and I, as prime minister, support this.” the decision “.
Noting that he supported this decision because the events of the coming days demonstrated the existence of a risk of being attacked by “criminal gangs”, Prime Minister Kurti said that the protests in the municipalities in northern Kosovo were not the will of the local Serbs in these municipalities, but were organized by Serbia.
“We are not against the Serbs. We called on them to return to the institutions, but the Serbian List, not our state, must take into account the great mistake made by the Serbian List party that boycotted the elections and withdrew the elections.
Prime Minister Albin Kurti noted that the government believes deeply in lasting friendship with the United States of America (USA) and the European Union (EU), but the approach towards Kosovo and Serbia should not be the same.
- Balkans | The President of Kosovo receives the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Slovenia
- Balkans | The Turkish Coast Guard rescued migrants who had been pushed to death by Greece
- The 5 oldest train stations in the world
- Balkans | K. Conflicting statements regarding the Macedonia visa application to Turkey
- Balkans | North Macedonian Prime Minister Kovačevski meets with the US Senator
- Balkans | Ocean temperatures hit their highest levels in 2022
- Balkans | Kovachevski: The habits in the Balkans are stupid
- Balkans | The Mayor of Edirne, Recep Gurkan, attended the Liberation Day activities in Prizren, Kosovo.
- Balkans | Montenegro’s support for Kosovo’s accession to the Council of Europe
- Balkans | The areas of cooperation between Türkiye and Greece are expanding with a positive agenda