Kosovar Prime Minister Albin Kurti confirmed in a statement that as a result of his talks with Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic in Ohrid, he had agreed to an annex regarding the implementation of the agreement to normalize relations between the two countries.
However, Kurti said that the Serbian president refused to sign the agreement in Ohrid, as he did at the February 27 meeting in Brussels.
Kurti said: “We agreed verbally on an annex that guarantees the implementation of the base agreement. The other side avoids signing the agreement, as happened in the Brussels meeting on February 27. It is up to the European Union to find the mechanism that will make the development of this agreement legally and internationally binding.” He said.
Corti also spoke about Article 7, which, according to Burrell, will be implemented immediately.
“There is a paragraph talking about the autonomy of the Serb community and of course we will be guided by the highest standards so that Serbs in Kosovo do not suffer any discrimination. We must also not forget that Ahtisaari’s proposal creates enormous space and opportunities for them to exercise their rights and meet their needs.”
- Balkans | Zelensky: We have to fight for the supply of modern tanks
- Balkans | “Why is the admission of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen not among the priorities of the Swedish presidency?” ￼
- 7 Royal Murders That Changed Human History
- Balkans | The Bosnian sisters build hobbit houses, each decorated differently
- Balkans | Former Serbian Prime Minister Djindic celebrated the 20th anniversary of his death
- Balkans | A mysterious visit from Iran to Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia
- Balkans | Big discount on fuel prices
- Balkans | Reacting to Schmidt’s RS
- Balkans | The payment of financial support to vulnerable groups of citizens will soon begin
- Balkans | British Prime Minister Sunak packs students with relief items for earthquake victims