Kosovo’s Minister of Regional Development and Chairman of Turkey’s Kosovo Democratic Party (KDTP) Vikrim Damca said that the general elections for President and Member of Parliament, scheduled to be held in Turkey on Sunday, May 14, are closely linked to the Balkan region.
The president and the 28th parliamentary elections scheduled for Sunday in Turkey are following with great interest in the Balkans. Vikrim Damca, President of the Kosovo Democratic Party of Turkey (KDTP) and Minister of Regional Development of Kosovo, made the assessments just days before the elections.
Kosovo Turkish Minister Damka said, “General elections will be held in the Republic of Turkey on May 14. First of all, I wish the Republic of Türkiye success in these elections. Of course, this election is not only an election closely associated with the Republic of Turkey, but in fact it is closely related to their brothers, Turkish citizens and Turkish nobles who are outside Turkey. Of course, the Republic of Türkiye is a powerful country, and it has great influence in the Balkans. Therefore, these elections in Turkey and the vision of the Turkish Republic for the next five years are of course closely linked to the Balkan region and will also closely influence it.
“The Republic of Türkiye has mobilized to support Kosovo in every field”
Minister Damca said, “From the day the Republic of Kosovo declared its independence in 2008, the Republic of Turkey was the first country to recognize it, especially President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Of course, this was not just recognition, the Republic of Turkey mobilized to support Kosovo in every field. Of course, this support was the fact that President Erdogan saw Kosovo as a brother and acted in this way. Of course, it is closely linked not only with Kosovo, but also with the Turkish community in Kosovo, and the Republic of Turkey’s close support for the Turkish community continues. Even today, the support of the Republic of Turkey has been in Education and culture in various fields and will continue to be so. Of course for us this is a continuation of intimate relations. I believe that the Turkish citizens of the Republic of Turkey will make this choice correctly. “
“This election is not only for Turkey but also for all Turks outside of Türkiye.”
Reminding President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of his statement that “the world is bigger than 5”, Damka said: “We always say that we, the Turkish community, who are outside the borders of Turkey, express that Turkey is bigger than Turkey. Therefore, these elections are not only for Turkey, But also for all Turks outside Turkey. From our point of view, I hope that this election will be beneficial for both Turkey and us in the future. It has been and will be the support of the AKP government until today. We hope that this process will continue in the same way.”
- Balkans | Serbia responds to the European Union’s decision to liberalize visas with Kosovo
- Balkans | Tensions arose in the Albanian parliament as the issue of no confidence in Prime Minister Rama was discussed
- Balkans | The International Surfa Festival has been reorganized in Bulgaria after a 3-year hiatus
- Balkans | “We will continue to strengthen our cooperation with new steps that we will take in many areas.”
- Balkans | Türkiye lost 2-0 to Croatia
- Balkans | Religious textbooks in North Macedonia are translated from Albanian into Turkish
- Balkans | They were fleeing to Greece: four FETO suspects were arrested
- Balkans | The target of “1 billion euros” in trade with Bosnia and Herzegovina has been reached
- Balkans | According to Mitsotakis, Turkish-Greek relations could be redefined
- Balkans | Support rally in Pristina for women who were sexually harassed and raped in the Kosovo war