After the barriers erected by Serbs in the Bosnian neighborhood of northern Mitrovica, north of Kosovo, were lifted last night, the roads were opened to traffic and life in the area returned to normal.
In the center of North Mitrovica, it was observed that preparations for Christmas and New Year’s Day were made by municipal teams.
It remains quiet on the bridge over the Ibri River, which divides the Serb-dominated north of Mitrovica and the Albanian-dominated south.
On the other hand, the Kosovo police reported the reopening of the Yarenje and Brinjak border crossings, closed since December 10, in the north of the country.
The Serbs raised the barricades in northern Kosovo last night at the invitation of Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic.
The Special Representative of the European Union (EU) for the Belgrade-Pristina Dialogue Miroslav Lajcak made a statement after the barriers were removed, saying that the two sides should agree on a peace agreement by March, and said: “I think the problem has been resolved for now, but the tension is still high. The level of insecurity is higher than ever.” Use his statements.
It is expected that the European Union will pay high-level visits to the region in January to reach a final peace agreement between Kosovo and Serbia.
- Balkans | Milanovic: “The European Union is a trade union”
- Balkans | Waiting for half an hour at the Tabanovci border gate
- Balkans | Corti: The barriers will go up in a few days
- Balkans | Syriza Zebek’s deputy presented to Parliament the problem of equalizing the imam of the preachers in Greece
- Balkans | The plane crashed in Crete. 1 dead
- Balkans | Bulgaria received a new loan of 1.5 billion euros
- Balkans | The planes could not land due to the air pollution in Sarajevo
- Balkan Time | The former president of the American Association of Young Men, Murad, has assessed potential constitutional changes in the country.
- Balkans | Turkish minority organizations in Western Thrace condemn the burning of the Holy Quran in Sweden
- Balkans | “Mohammed” is the second most popular baby boy name in the Netherlands in 2022