After the barriers erected by Serbs in the Bosnian neighborhood of northern Mitrovica, north of Kosovo, were lifted last night, the roads were opened to traffic and life in the area returned to normal.
In the center of North Mitrovica, it was observed that preparations for Christmas and New Year’s Day were made by municipal teams.
It remains quiet on the bridge over the Ibri River, which divides the Serb-dominated north of Mitrovica and the Albanian-dominated south.
On the other hand, the Kosovo police reported the reopening of the Yarenje and Brinjak border crossings, closed since December 10, in the north of the country.
The Serbs raised the barricades in northern Kosovo last night at the invitation of Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic.
The Special Representative of the European Union (EU) for the Belgrade-Pristina Dialogue Miroslav Lajcak made a statement after the barriers were removed, saying that the two sides should agree on a peace agreement by March, and said: “I think the problem has been resolved for now, but the tension is still high. The level of insecurity is higher than ever.” Use his statements.
It is expected that the European Union will pay high-level visits to the region in January to reach a final peace agreement between Kosovo and Serbia.
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic: There will be no fateful day in Ohrid
- Balkans | Turkish students won 3 gold and 3 silver medals in the Mathematics Olympiad held in Albania
- Balkans | Kumanovo Turks met at the breakfast table
- Balkans | President Pendarovski attends the swearing-in ceremony of Turkish President Erdogan
- Balkans | N Macedonia has become part of the Digital Europe programme
- Balkans | KATP President Botoş visited the Kosovo Turks Solidarity Foundation
- Balkans | Consecutive earthquakes occur in Albania
- 9 ghost towns of the dissolution of the Soviet Union have been revealed
- Balkans | Professor in Bulgaria Gabrovski’s government project failed to gain a vote of confidence in parliament
- Balkans | Serbian President Vucic argued that Kosovo Serbs are being tortured and persecuted