As of today, North Macedonia has officially assumed the presidency of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE).
Today, as of January 1, 2023, the Republic of North Macedonia officially begins the rotating presidency of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, the largest regional security organization in the world, which includes 57 participating countries from North America, Europe and Asia.
Foreign Minister Bujar Usmani will chair this important multilateral organization, which works on comprehensive security aspects related to political, military, economic, environmental and humanitarian dimensions.
Through its unique approach, the OSCE contributes to regional peace, cooperation and overall development.
Under the motto “This is about the people,” the focus of the Macedonian Presidency will be on human security in an era of regional and global uncertainty and instability.
Foreign Minister Bujar Usmani said in a statement on the subject: “As the main country, our focus will be on field missions. We will undertake and support special activities aimed at facilitating people’s lives and promoting their rights and freedoms.” He said.
- What you need to know about Inuit snow goggles
- Balkans | NGOs in North Macedonia visit IHH
- Balkans | A message of condolence from Türkiye for those who lost their lives in the school attack in Serbia
- Balkans | An Ottoman Kosovo President met with the British Representative of the Western Balkans
- One of the most mysterious events in aviation history: Flight 19
- Balkans | The International Student Folklore Festival, which was held in Serbia
- Balkans | Lagac: If there is no return to normal in the North, both sides will lose
- Balkans | The successful election of President Erdoğan was celebrated in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro
- Balkans | Aid items collected by the Greek people for earthquake victims in Turkey are on their way
- The 5 oldest train stations in the world