The media in Brussels wrote that Bosnia and Herzegovina will be granted EU candidate status by the end of this week.
On the recommendation of the European Commission in October, member states will allegedly support the granting of candidate status to Bosnia and Herzegovina in a draft document to be signed this week on EU enlargement and stability.
According to Euroactiv, the Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia, Italy and Hungary are visiting Bosnia and Herzegovina. Candidate country While it is noted that it is among the countries most supportive of granting status, “the Council of Europe considers it necessary for Bosnia and Herzegovina to begin moving towards the European Union due to the current geopolitical situation.” expressions were used.
While it was pointed out that Bosnia and Herzegovina must meet the conditions set before, it was mentioned that ensuring the rule of law, combating corruption and organized crime, and managing migration are the priority issues.
While it was indicated that the country’s EU membership had made limited progress on reforms, it was stated that governments at the state, entity and cantonal levels should be established as soon as possible.
source: Balkan News
- Balkans | The high retirement age in Bulgaria
- Balkans | European Union: We welcome the leaders of Kosovo and Serbia to Brussels without preconditions
- Balkans | The city of Prizren in Kosovo is the center of interest for tourists with its structures dating back to the Ottoman era.
- Balkans | State of emergency in southern Serbia
- Balkans | Description of the slogan “Slava Ukrainian” from the President of Croatia: I don’t want to hear it
- Balkans | Mirko: I am freezing all my activities in the party in favor of the operation
- Balkan Time | Alsar Foundation “Berat
- Balkans | The goal of the MRF party in Bulgaria is coalition partnership
- Balkans | Kosovar Foreign Minister Jirvala: EU sanctions are unnecessary and dangerous
- Balkans | Issue 101 of Cardiline magazine is out