The Director-General of the World Health Organization, Ghebreyesus, stated that they will work in cooperation with the Turkish authorities to heal the wounds of the earthquakes in Kahramanmaraş, and said: “We are with you on this painful day that is impossible to describe.” He said.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO)Made a presentation to the Board of Directors on the organization’s work on earthquakes of magnitude 7.7 and 7.6, centered in Kahramanmaraş, which affected 10 provinces.
Ghebreyesus said that the World Health Organization will work in cooperation with the Turkish authorities to treat wounds in the areas affected by the earthquake, “We are with you on this painful day that is impossible to describe. Now is the time for us all to unite as one heart in solidarity to save lives and alleviate suffering.” Use the phrase.
Ghebreyesus shared the information that the total loss of life in Turkey and Syria exceeded 4 thousand, and the number of injured exceeded 18 thousand 770.
The Director-General of the World Health Organization said that search and rescue efforts are racing against time, and he said that the ongoing aftershocks and bad winter conditions make these efforts difficult.
Ghebreyesus explained that they mobilized the organization’s communication network and emergency medical assistance teams, “As the World Health Organization, we ship medical supplies, including surgical trauma kits, to both countries on three planes departing from our logistics center in Dubai.” Use phrases.
- Balkans | There will be cheap electricity for two hours a day in North Macedonia
- Balkans | Djokovic reached the quarter-finals at the Australian Open
- Balkans | The Merdar border gate has reopened to traffic
- Balkans | The Bosnia and Herzegovina final was held at the Siyer-i Nebi International Competition
- Balkans | Issue 267 of “Turkiti” magazine, published in Kosovo, has been published.
- Balkans | The head of the MRF party in Bulgaria asked voters in Turkey to vote
- Balkans | Monday is an official holiday in North Macedonia
- Balkans | The representative of the European Union at the Belgrade-Pristina Lajcak Dialogue met with the leaders of Kosovo
- Balkans | Rescue of 41 migrants who were pushed to death by Greece
- Balkans | MSB: 20 people were arrested, including 5 from the FETÖ terrorist organization and 1 member of the PKK sent from Greece