A YaM sea mine discovered off the coast of Bulgaria was discovered by the teams.
As the Russo-Ukrainian War continues, drifting sea mines in the Black Sea remain a threat. A sea mine was discovered 200 meters from the coast near the village of Tolinovo on the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria.
The statement from the Bulgarian Ministry of Defense said that after the notification by the governor of Dobrich, where the village of Tolinovo is connected, special teams were sent to the area, and that the YaM-type sea mine of the Soviet Union was destroyed in a controlled manner. The statement also shared the information that the mine is ready to explode.
Since the beginning of the Russo-Ukrainian War, Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria and Ukraine have destroyed about 40 stray mines in the Black Sea.
- Balkans | WHO: Covid-19 remains a serious infectious disease with global risks
- Balkans | The signing of a coalition agreement in Bosnia and Herzegovina paves the way for the formation of the government
- Balkans | From today, private bus owners will protest only in front of the Skopje Metropolitan Municipality.
- Balkans | Kosovo begins its long-awaited adventure to run for the European Union
- Balkans | The Bulgarian government approved a bill amending the Bulgarian Identity Documents Law
- Balkans | Thousands of people took part in the traditional “Igman March” in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Greek Health Minister Plevris said that shortages of medicines are happening in private pharmacies.
- Balkans | Hungary and Austria will not send weapons to Ukraine
- Balkans | Bomb threat on the Central Bank and nine secondary schools
- Balkans | The first child of the year in North Macedonia