National Defense Minister Hulusi Akar slammed Greece in harsh words for harassing Turkish warplanes during the NATO flight in the Aegean Sea. Minister Akar said, “Greece continues its aggressive policies. This hostile attitude shows that Greece has become so arrogant that it ignores the basic principles of NATO.”
The meeting of the defense ministers of Turkey, Georgia and Azerbaijan took place in Kayseri with the participation of Minister of National Defense Akar, Minister of Defense of Azerbaijan General Zakir Hasanov and Minister of Defense of Georgia Javanshir Borchuladze.
Speaking at the joint press conference held after the signing of the “Final Communiqué of the Tripartite Meeting”, Minister Akar responded to the fact that Greece placed radar locks on Turkish aircraft in the planned NATO exercises. Akar said, “This hostile attitude shows that Greece has become so arrogant that it ignores the core principles and values of NATO. We expect that Greek politicians will immediately abandon their provocative and irreconcilable stance for the sake of domestic political purposes.”
Noting that Turkey is striving for peace but Greece continues its aggressive policies, Minister Akar said that while Turkey is making such efforts for peace and stability, our neighbor Greece continues its expansionist and aggressive policies with its provocative actions and rhetoric that fuel instability, and new provocations. It is added to them every day. I would like to express here that we expect a neutral, objective, reasonable and logical approach to our other NATO allies, especially the United States of America.
“Armenia opportunity is well regarded”
Akar stressed that today, as risks, threats and dangers have increased at the global and regional levels, the cooperation established between the three countries will be a model for all countries, “I believe that the friendship, solidarity and cooperation that we have developed will make positive contributions to achieving lasting peace and stability in the region.” He said.
Stressing the need for Armenia to hold the outstretched hand of peace and friendship, Akar said, “Armenia should make good use of this opportunity. If Armenia avoids ceasefire violations and adheres to the ceasefire agreement, it can become a part of peace and stability. We hope so. Establishing and maintaining peace and tranquility in the region will contribute to achieving security and economic well-being for all countries in the region Use phrases.
- Balkans | Speeding vehicles seized in Austria
- Balkans | The Socialists who were unable to form a government in Bulgaria returned the position to President Radev
- Balkans | Quiet around new checkpoints in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | How will end the barriers crisis in northern Kosovo?
- Balkans | The famous Bosnian singer Goran Bregović accompanied the song “The Century of Turkey” ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
- What you need to know about Pompeii | ListList.com
- Balkans | The EU’s proposal for a “final agreement” on Kosovo and Serbia has leaked to the press
- Balkans | Award from the Red Cross of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina to AA
- Balkans | 34 thousand tourists overnight in Kosovo hotels
- Balkans | Germany calls for dialogue between Serbia and Kosovo