Stating that joint efforts are being made to ensure that relations with Greece are always good, National Defense Minister Hulusi Akar said, “As neighboring countries on both sides of the Aegean Sea, our problems and friendship are multidimensional.”
National Defense Minister Hulusi Akar held a joint press conference with Greek Defense Minister Nikolaos Panagiotopoulos, who came to the earthquake-affected Hatay in Kahramanmaraş on February 6, at the Disaster Coordination Center.
Noting that after the February 6 earthquake, which is called the catastrophe of the century, Greece was one of the first countries to call and provide first aid, Akar stated that in this context, Greece made great contributions to the efforts made in the earthquake area in terms of search and rescue and humanitarian aid. .
Akar said, “My friend, my colleague, we would like to thank the Minister once again for his support and solidarity. I take this opportunity to extend my condolences to those who lost their lives in the tragic train accident that took place on February 28, and I wish a speedy recovery to the injured.” He said.
Akar said that mutual efforts are being made to ensure that relations with Greece are always good:
Of course we have some problems, we have to solve these problems as well. These problems are like Turkey and Greece, as two civilized countries; With all my heart this will be good for the parties as well.
As two neighboring countries on opposite sides of the Aegean Sea, our problems and friendship are multidimensional. Our desire, our wishes, our wishes, and our expectation is that this positive and constructive approach and atmosphere will continue after the earthquake disaster without waiting for a new disaster and for the doors of dialogue to be opened. Thus, we sincerely wish that the Aegean Sea and the Mediterranean Sea will now become a sea of friendship, while creating a permanent environment of cooperation. Thus, it is our basic thought, desire and desire that people in Turkey and Greece live in comfort, safety and prosperity. For this important and meaningful visit, I would like to thank my distinguished colleague and friend, Defense Minister Nikolaos Panagiotopoulos, for the kindness they have shown us in these turbulent days, once again for their great concern for us after the earthquake.”
- Balkans | ABTTF reaction to news of Turkish anti-minority press
- Balkans | Revenge of TRT World for Reuters’ political publication
- Balkans | Double refund for passengers due to cancellation of train services in France
- Balkans | Adami, president of the Kosovo Football Federation, was arrested
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic: There will be no fateful day in Ohrid
- Balkans | Corti made a statement about the agreement reached in Ohrid
- Balkans | People in Bulgaria go to the polls for early general elections
- Balkans | Serbia’s foreign minister responds to Kosovo’s request for membership in the Council of Europe
- Balkans | Second ammonia leak in a month in Serbia
- Balkans | Aid campaign from Bosnia and Herzegovina for aid organizations to Turkey