Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Security Minister Nenad Nesic said that his country is not a member of the European Union, but Europe’s security and stability depend on it.
Nesic met Slovenian Interior Minister Bostjan Poklokar in Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In the joint press conference held after the meeting, Nesic noted that Slovenia is among the important partners of his country, and said: “We believe we have an important ally in Brussels and an important friend who understands all the features of Bosnia and Herzegovina in the Balkans. Bosnia and Herzegovina, unlike Slovenia, is not a member of the European Union, but I can safely say that stability and security in the whole of Europe depend on us at least a little. He said.
“Bosnia and Herzegovina will form a negotiating team with Frontex”
Noting that the process of joining the European Union is the top priority of his country, Nesic said that the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina has strong goals in this process.
Turning to the problem of illegal immigrants in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Nesic said that the number of illegal immigrants in the country is about 1,000 and that they will form a team to negotiate with Frontex, the European Union’s border protection agency.
Noting that Slovenia is among the “transit points” for illegal immigrants due to its location in the Schengen area, Poklukar said they are ready to assist Bosnia and Herzegovina in its negotiations with Frontex.
- Balkans | Minister Cavusoglu had a telephone conversation with Greek Foreign Minister Dendias
- Balkans | President Erdogan’s victory was celebrated in North Macedonia
- Balkans | Macedonia and Serbia sign a memorandum of cooperation in the field of European integration
- World famous castles: 20 of the most beautiful and famous castles
- Balkans | Bulgaria is on alert for Turkey: another 20 truckloads of relief supplies are on their way
- Balkans | Famous singer Zara meets an audience in Kosovo
- Balkans | The Turkish women’s U-17 wrestling team became European champions in Tirana
- Balkans | Donev discussed with Djukanovic the possibilities of increasing the volume of trade with Montenegro
- Balkans | Directed by Peleshi’s Bayraktar: ‘I hope we don’t have to use it’
- Balkans | MATUSITEB announced that 122 thousand euros have been collected in the “We are with Turkey” campaign.