In Greece, members of the Cabinet were sworn in by President Katerina Sakellaropoulou and Prime Minister in the interim government, Yannis Sarmas.
The ministers of the interim government were sworn in at the ceremony held under the Presidency of the Republic before assuming their duties.
In the new government, the former Greek ambassador to Ankara Vassilios Kaskarlis was appointed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, while the former Deputy Minister of Defense and Commander of the Land Forces Alkiviadis Stefanis became Minister of Defense.
The former commander of the ground forces, Haralambos Lalosis, will hold the post of Minister of Citizen Protection in the Cabinet.
After the swearing-in ceremony, the first cabinet meeting was held, led by Sarmas.
- Balkans | Bosnia and Herzegovina celebrates the 31st anniversary of its independence
- Balkans | Rama’s reaction to the European Union and the United States
- Balkans | WHO: Global economies are no better prepared for new epidemics than before
- Balkans | Turkish-Greek Relations and the Importance of the Blue Homeland
- What you need to know about Inuit snow goggles
- Balkans | Signing a cooperation protocol between Türkiye and Kosovo
- Balkans | One person was killed when a missile hit a market in Kharkiv in an attack by the Russian army
- Balkans | A Turkish soldier distributes halva in Kosovo
- Balkans | 10 flights were canceled in Skopje, 3 delayed due to heavy fog
- Balkans | Corti: I will not allow Vucic to enter Kosovo