The Balkan Group published the report “Health in Kosovo: Exodus of Doctors and Health Workers”.
The report contains statistics and recommendations on how state institutions should act.
In her statement, Areta Dragusha of the Balkan Group stated that the departure of doctors from Kosovo showed a lack of perspective in the country, and that according to the Balkan Group’s report, 666 ethical and professional certificates were granted from 2018 to September 2022, and that these documents were issued by health institutions in the country, Reminding the need to bring in doctors and nurses from abroad.
He announced that 183 such certificates were issued between January and September 2022.
The meeting called for an urgent increase in the health budget in Kosovo to bring it closer to the EU average, which is 9.9 percent of GDP for the health sector budget.
Evran Krasniqi, representative of the Ministry of Health of Kosovo, stated that the budget of the Ministry of Health has increased this year, “With the new law, a budget of 98 million euros is envisaged. It is planned to appoint 300 new doctors to the inspection boards and 42 workers to the inspection board.”
Nasir Gungunblai of the Kosovo Medical Chamber stated that since January more than 200 doctors have left Kosovo and around 300 are unemployed.
- Balkans | Erdal Ozyagcilar declared the final
- Balkans | The Tunnel of Hope in Sarajevo remains one of the most visited places
- Balkans | Purposeful visit to Teka from Bosnia
- Balkans | MATUSITEB announced that the celebrations of December 21 will be held with the participation of the President of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Mustafa Sentop.
- Balkans | Kosovo’s Deputy Prime Minister, Bislemi, met Turkish Ambassador Sakar
- Balkans | The Bulgarian government approved a bill amending the Bulgarian Identity Documents Law
- Balkans | Zelensky: We have to fight for the supply of modern tanks
- Balkans | A call from the International Union of Muslim Scholars to Muslims to “defend Al-Aqsa Mosque”
- Balkans | A group of games “Crescent moon and star” for children in the Balkan countries
- Balkans | The conclusion of the EU-Western Balkans summit in Albania