He stated that last year, more than 6,000 migrants attempted to cross illegally into the Balkan country, Bosnia and Herzegovina, which is on the route used by illegal immigrants to reach Western European countries.
More than 6,000 migrants have been prevented from entering the country illegally in 2022, said the statement issued by the Bosnia and Herzegovina Border Police. “Most of the citizens are Afghanistan, Burundi and Pakistan,” they said. The statement is included.
It was reported that the migrants tried to reach Bosnia and Herzegovina via Serbia and Montenegro and were mostly found hiding in freight vehicles.
The statement said that in the first eleven days of 2023, it was determined that 180 immigrants had tried to enter the country illegally, and that the border police continued to carry out their activities to combat illegal immigration with great caution.
- Why did Turkey not participate in the 1950 World Cup?
- Balkans | 2022 was the “bloodiest year” in recent times in the Israeli-occupied West Bank
- Balkans | Agreement to repair water and infrastructure in Yanova
- Balkans | A joint response to Greece from Turkey and Libya, which complained to the United Nations
- Balkans | “SDSM and BDI government paid 73 million advance payments for electricity imports in two days”
- Balkans | More than 50 percent of young Bosnians want to leave the country
- Balkans | Snow depth reached 90 cm on Mount Shar
- Balkans | Ballerina Strbo clings to life in her art of war in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | An Albanian national who studied in Izmir and works on Turkish-Albanian relations in his country.
- Balkans | Health workers in Greece who have not been vaccinated against Kovid-19 are returning to work