Former President of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey (TBMM) Prof. doctor. Mustafa Shantop, President of Trakya University, Prof. Dr. doctor. It was attended by Erhan Tabakoglu, Vice President of TİKA Mahmut Cevik, Turkish Consul General to Komotini Aykut Onal, representatives of the Western Thracian Turkic minority and many other participants.
A melt was held in the Xanthi Aşağımahalle Çınar Mosque of the Mufti of Xanthi Ahmet Mete, who died on July 14, 2022 at the age of 57. Many of the same people attended the Mawlid, which was taught before the Friday prayer. After Friday prayers, pilaf with meat and ayran was served to the public.
Thereafter, a ceremony was held for the deceased Mufti Mitti at his grave in the Xanthi Asagimahalle Cemetery. After the recitation of the Qur’an, the prayer was performed by Ibrahim Sharif, Chairman of the Advisory Council of the Turkish Minority in Western Thrace and Mufti of Komotini.
Mustafa Trampa, Mufti of Xanthi, delivered the first speech under the commemoration programme. Mostafa Trampa, who mercifully commemorates the late Mufti Mitty, stated that he worked with him at Xanthi Mufti for 15 years.
On the other hand, the Mufti of Komotini, Ibrahim Sharif, reminded that Ahmed Matti, who was elected Mufti by the votes of the Xanthi Turks after the death of Muhammad Emin Agha, was also the head of the Advisory Council when he took over, and said that they represented the Turkish West Thrace minority for 15 years and ate many minority issues. Pointing out that Ahmed Matti is a person with one word and essence, Ibrahim Sharif said, “Our Mufti Matti was a hardworking and honest person. May God have mercy on him.” He said.
In his speech, Mustafa Şentop, the head of the former state, said that they, like Turkey, have always stood by the Turkish minority in Western Thrace. Owentob stated that it was for this reason that they were in Western Thrace on the anniversary of the death of the late Mufti Ahmed Mete, who had served the minority. Mustafa Şentop, who expressed his condolences to the family of Mufti Mete and all the Turks of Western Thrace, stated that they would always remember him for his services and hard work.
This evening, the Yasouren Association will organize a memorial event in the village of Yasouren, the village of the late Mufti Ahmed Mete.
- Balkans | Halilović, who studied at the TMV School in Bosnia and Herzegovina, has spoken of his passion for the piano
- Balkans | The successful election of President Erdoğan was enthusiastically celebrated in Albania
- Balkans | Croatian footballer Orsic, with whom Trabzonspor had a transfer meeting, went to Trabzon
- Turkey’s most mysterious serial murder case: the leg amputation murders
- Balkans | The President of Trakya Tabakuglu University visited the city of Karjali
- Balkans | Beserović: Bosnia and Herzegovina is at risk of instability because of Republika Srpska
- Balkans | 2 suspects from the FETO organization were arrested while fleeing to Greece
- Balkans | Boycott statement from Corti
- Balkans | Bulgaria’s bankruptcy warning leaked to the media
- The interesting history of groomed nails