According to statements made by various public and non-governmental organizations in North Macedonia, more than 3 million 200 thousand euros in aid have been collected so far due to the earthquakes that struck Turkey.
According to the data released by the Government of North Macedonia and local governments (many county and county municipalities), NGOs, banks, trade associations, educational institutions and many different institutions and organizations, 3 million 200 thousand euros (64 million 414 thousand 286 TL) were collected financial aid.
Aside from the financial aid, the in-kind aid collected by the various civil institutions and initiatives exceeded 45 trucks.
Meanwhile, 60 army soldiers and 107 personnel from the Protection and Rescue Directorate participated in the search and rescue efforts by government decision. Many local municipalities, especially Skopje Municipality, Tetovo Municipality, Kumanova Municipality, Gaer Municipality, sent their teams to the earthquake area.
- Balkans | 146 irregular migrants who were pushed to death by Greece have been rescued in Izmir and Meghlay
- Balkans | Health examination of a Turkish soldier serving in Kosovo
- Balkans | Karjali municipality sent a truck loaded with relief materials to Syria
- Balkans | Bomb threats continue to reach schools in Skopje
- Balkans | Message from WHO Director-General Ghebreyesus to Turkey “We are with you on this painful day”
- Balkans | Toys collected for earthquake-affected children during the Novi Pazar-Radniki match in the Serbian league
- Balkans | 14 March Medicine Day passed sadly in Kosovo
- Balkans | North Macedonian Turkish Education Day was celebrated in Edirne
- Balkans | The number of foreign tourists in Serbia increased by 86%.
- Balkans | Rescue of 33 irregular migrants paid by Greece