North Macedonian Prime Minister Dimitar Kovačevski and Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama held a joint press conference after their bilateral meeting in Skopje today.
The two Prime Ministers emphasized that the future of North Macedonia and Albania is the European Union and that all regional initiatives are important to accelerate the process of European integration.
Prime Minister Dimitar Kovaczewski expressed his great pleasure to host my dear colleague and friend Edi Rama, with whom, together with my fellow ministers, we have always discussed many issues affecting our countries as well as the region.
Pointing out that the European path, where North Macedonia and Albania do not deviate, is the strategic goal of both countries, Kovačevski said, “On the European path, we must adhere to the European standards in every sense, systematically and legally, of Europe for our societies, both bilaterally and as a region.” We have taken steps to reach it as soon as possible.” Use phrases.
“We need something that citizens will feel as a benefit even before countries join the EU, something that will perpetuate the idea of Europe and the commitment of all actors in society, all countries in the Western Balkans to this process.” He rated it.
Albanian Prime Minister Rama said that they talked about the upcoming summit of the Berlin process, which will be held in Tirana.
Pointing out that the difference between the EU countries and the Western Balkans is incomparably large, Rama said: “The good news is that the European Commission is working in this direction, as the President said. Soon we will have an informal meeting in Tirana where we will invite everyone and friends from the EU will come to discuss The plan in concrete terms. We need a plan, we need this support, we deserve it as countries in Central Europe, we deserve to be seen as contributing countries, not just as active states. He said.
- Balkans | The European Union ignores Croatia’s violence against illegal immigrants to prevent immigration
- Balkans | The book “Turkish-Islamic Genocide in the Balkans” was published
- Balkans | Earthquake impression of Albanian rescuers: Nothing like this
- Balkans | The start of the second regular general assembly period in the Turkish Youth Club
- Balkans | Serbian footballer Mihajlovic said goodbye to his last trip to Rome
- Balkans | Support rally in Pristina for women who were sexually harassed and raped in the Kosovo war
- Balkans | The European Parliament elections will take place from 6 to 9 June 2024
- Balkans | Mycoski accused President Pendarowski of pretending to be an analyst
- Balkans | Migrant boat sank off Greece: at least 17 dead
- Balkans | The EU delegation calls on Greece to “increase initiatives towards transparency”