The boxers made their mark at the 2022 Athlete of the Year Awards Ceremony held in Karjali. Alina Mohamed in the junior girls and Irjunal Sabri in the boys were awarded Athlete of the Year. Both are athletes of the Kardzhali Arda boxing sports club, Ergünal became the two-time European champion in boxing, and Alina became the third in Europe. Their coach Stoyan Uzunov also received an award for his contribution to the sport.
Multi-award winning weightlifting athlete in the men’s and women’s age group Radostina Lulova took the second prize, while arm wrestler Margarita Dabieva from the Rhodope Sensory Sports and Tourism Club in Karjali took the third prize.
Karjali-Arda volleyball club athlete Marty Karabashev took second prize in the junior boys and girls age group.
The canoe duo of boys and girls Metin Ahmed Can Ahmed, athlete Deniz Ibram from the Krepost wrestling sports club in the village of Stremitsi (Göklemizler) in Kirkcale, and aerobics athlete Elitsa Todorova won a prize each.
The award winners were determined by a survey conducted with the participation of veteran athletes, journalists, city council members, and citizens.
Cardigal Mayor Dr. M. Hassan Aziz also presented special awards. In addition to the young players of the Arda volleyball club, the children’s aerobic gymnastics group was also honored.
The mayor also thanked Rudobe Sensory to athletes with sports and tourism disabilities Alpay Ibram, Georgi Karakov, Emilia Stoyanova and Rozen Sedevev, Arda boxing club athletes Ergonal Sabri, Arda volleyball club athletes Manol Yaniv, Sivan Bachev and Karakale Yunak Powerlifting Sports Club. He offered Lulova a cash prize equal to the minimum wage.
Doctor. M. In his welcoming speech at the ceremony, Hassan Aziz addressed the winners and said: “Despite the difficult circumstances during the pandemic process, you have overcome your competitors. We look forward to seeing you among the nominees for the Athlete of the Century awards.”
He stated that despite the difficulties, Karjali Municipality supports the participation of sports clubs in both regional and national tournaments as well as international tournaments.
- Balkans | A former Serbian soldier has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for war crimes in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Investment Agency organized the International Business and Investment Forum in Istanbul
- Balkans | Serbia’s population decreased by half a million yen
- Increase in fuel prices
- Balkans | Galatasaray broke up with Bosnian footballer-Herzigovene Seferović
- Balkans | China and Albania sign a visa-free travel agreement
- Balkans | An incident broke out in the organized labor of a child who died in a police fire in Greece
- Balkans | Expats continue to send record amounts of money to Kosovo
- Balkans | Niksic from Bosnia and Herzegovina is keeping his family’s 112-year-old legacy alive as a watchmaker
- Balkans | 37 million euros support Kosovo in Germany￼