After Greek warplanes attempted to block NATO flights in the Aegean Sea, NATO issued a statement saying, “We call on Greece and Turkey to resolve their differences in the Aegean Sea through diplomatic means and in a spirit of Allied solidarity.”
A NATO official made a statement to AA reporter about the interception of Greek aircraft in the planned “NATO NEXUS ACE Aegean” mission.
Stressing that Turkey and Greece are important allies, the NATO official stated that the two countries work together in NATO every day and that their forces participate in NATO exercises together.
Noting the importance of the Mediterranean Sea to NATO, the NATO official continued:
We call on Greece and Turkey to resolve their differences in the Aegean Sea by diplomatic means and in the spirit of solidarity of allies. NATO, Turkey It established a decoupling mechanism through which Greece would reduce the risk of accidents in the eastern Mediterranean. At a time when Russia’s war in Ukraine is disrupting peace in Europe, it is critical that the Allies stand together.”
Our Air Force has given the necessary response.
The Ministry of National Defense (MSB) announced in the morning that the Turkish Air Force responded to Greek planes that tried to prevent NATO flights in the Aegean Sea.
In the statement, in the ejection arm set up for the “NATO NEXUS ACE Ege” mission planned yesterday, 14 Turkish Air Force F-16s, a HİK tanker, a KC-135 tanker and a CASA search and rescue aircraft, a NATO E3-A He stated that the Air Mission Order (ATO) had been withdrawn 24 hours prior to this mission, and the necessary information had been provided to NATO Allies.
Our Air Force responded, “Greek planes once again tried to block NATO flight. While the ejection arm continued its flight in the international airspace of the Aegean Sea, F-16s removed from 5 different Greek air bases harassed our planes by setting radar locks.” Despite the efforts of the Greek aircraft to prevent the NATO mission, our aircraft in the beam arm continued to fly to successfully complete the mission.Our F-16s, which took off from Dalaman and Akhisar, acted as interceptors and responded to the Greek aircraft.Our aircraft in the beam arm flight successfully completed the NATO mission NEXUS ACE and returned to bases safely.”
- Balkans | Morocco seeks to achieve a new victory over the “colonial countries” in the World Cup against France
- Balkans | Bosnia and Herzegovina’s ambassador Alagic said he felt at home when he was a student in Turkey.
- Balkans | The United States described the burning of the Qur’an as a disgusting act, but did not condemn it.
- Balkans | Natural gas transfer agreement between Turkey and Bulgaria
- Balkans | The teams of the two countries will jointly clean the feet of the bridge between the Turkish-Greek border gates
- Balkans | A reception was held in North Macedonia for the Turkish Education Day on December 21.
- Balkans | Greece relies on direct flights to increase the number of Chinese tourists
- Balkans | The President of TIKA Kayalar hosted the Macedonian guests
- Balkans | Serbian Minister Dacic: “The burning of the Holy Quran in Sweden is a great tragedy”
- Balkans | Greek striker Stefanos Tsitsipas reached the semi-finals of the Australian Open