Leaders of NATO countries met at the NATO Summit held in Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan represents Turkey at the North Atlantic Council meeting of NATO Heads of State and Government.
Finland participates in the NATO summit as a full member for the first time. In his speech at the opening of the meeting, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg congratulated Finnish President Sauli Niinistö for attending the first summit meeting.
The leaders applauded Finnish President Niinisto for these words of Stoltenberg.
Stoltenberg stated that after Finland, with yesterday’s agreement, they will soon see Sweden as a full member of NATO. The leaders greeted the Secretary-General’s words with applause.
Stoltenberg stated that the leaders of NATO countries will sign important decisions today, he said that support for Ukraine will be increased, this will bring Ukraine closer to the alliance, new defense plans for NATO will be approved and more ambitious defense investments will be agreed upon.
- Balkans | Skopje students prayed for those who died in the earthquake in Turkey.
- Balkans | Statement by the European Union and NATO from Christo
- Balkans | The Turkish language is not included in the celebration of the New Year in Prizren
- Balkans | Those who lost their lives defending Sarajevo are commemorated on City Day
- Balkans | MSB: Aid of clothing has been provided to 38 families affected by floods in Kosovo
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic announces a tour of Serbia
- Balkans | The PKK suspect was arrested while fleeing to Greece
- Balkans | NATO sends additional forces to Kosovo
- Balkans | The European Parliament doubts that Hungary will be able to take over the rotating EU presidency in 2024
- Balkans | The Bosnia and Herzegovina authorities responded to the statements of the war criminal Kordic