Nearly 3 million acres of land have been declared damaged in 10 major forest fires in the last 20 years in Greece.
In the analysis collected from satellite data by the Hellenic Meteorological Department’s “FLAME” team, it was stated that more than 2 million 800 thousand acres of area were affected in 10 major fires in the period 2003-2022.
It was noted that the prevalence rate of the 10 major fires included in the analysis with the “area burned per day” criterion was very high.
In the analysis that stated that the “fastest spreading fire” was in Arcadia in 2007, due to the damage caused to an area of 250,000 dunams per day, it was noted that 6 of the 10 largest fires occurred in the Peloponnese. .
- Balkans | Fenerbahce Beko will host the Greek team Olympiacos
- Balkans | Croatia and Slovenia both want to tackle irregular migration
- Balkans | Macedonia is celebrating 30 years since it joined the United Nations
- Balkans | Corti made a statement about the agreement reached in Ohrid
- Balkans | Ilhan Kuchuk: Bulgaria’s failures stem from the examples of Borisov and Petkov
- Balkans | An early warning system against nuclear attacks will be developed in partnership between Türkiye and Serbia
- Balkans | Turkish Knowledge Foundation aims to increase the number of students and schools in Serbia
- Balkans | The Turkish Magazine of the Year Awards have been announced
- Balkans | Deputy Speaker of the Serbian Parliament Zukorlic visited IHH
- Balkans | Greece continues to send humanitarian aid to the earthquake victims