The leader of the PASOK-KENAL coalition, Nikos Androuulakis, who came third in the general elections held on May 21 in Greece, rejected the mandate to form a government given to him by President Katerina Sakilaropoulou.
Andrououlakis, who was invited by President Sakellaropoulou to his office to assign him the task of forming the government, stated that the result of the ballot box did not allow the coalition and said: “I will repeat the task of forming the government.” He said.
And the statement of the Presidency of the Republic stated that Sakellaropoulou called on all party leaders who have a group in parliament according to the election results to the presidency tomorrow at 11:00 local time, in accordance with Article 37 of the constitution.
Kyriakos Mitsotakis, leader of the New Democracy Party, leader of the elections, and Alexis Tsipras, leader of the Radical Left Alliance (SYRIZA), the second party, also resigned on the grounds of not meeting the necessary conditions for an alliance.
MİÇOTİS concert is over in the future
In the general elections held in Greece, according to unofficial results, New Democracy won more than 40 percent of the vote (146 seats), outperforming its closest competitor Syriza by 20 points, but was unable to reach the 151 seats required to come to power in its location. king.
Syriza finished second with 71 seats, with 20.07 percent of the vote.
The PASOK-KINAL alliance, which finished third in the race, now has 41 seats with 11.46 percent of the vote.
Re-election on the horizon
According to the electoral system applied for the first time this year in Greece, if the results of the ballot boxes do not allow any party to come to power on its own, negotiations will take place on forming a coalition.
If consensus cannot be reached on the alliance, a second ballot box will be established for the electors.
In the second poll, the first party will receive an additional 20 to 50 seats depending on the share of votes in the 300-seat parliament, provided it receives at least 25 percent of the vote.
- Balkans | Rama’s reaction to the European Union and the United States
- The five most influential women in ancient Egyptian civilization
- Balkans | As of today, citizenship certificate can be obtained electronically.
- Balkans | The electronic declaration process for those who will vote in Turkey in the Bulgarian elections ends on March 7
- Balkans | Businesswomen from Bulgaria and Turkey will meet in Burgas
- Balkans | An incident broke out in the organized labor of a child who died in a police fire in Greece
- Balkans | Turkey welcomes the reconciliation between Kosovo and Serbia
- What happened in the May 14, 1950 elections that Erdogan is referring to?
- Balkans | Borisov proposes EU Commissioner Maria Gabriel as prime minister
- Balkans | Games for earthquake victims from Bosnia and Herzegovina