In the THY Europa League Basketball Final Four, the Spanish team Real Madrid became the champions by defeating the Greek representative Olympiakos 79-78.
He beat France’s Monaco team 76-62 in the organization’s semi-finals held in Kaunas, Lithuania, Olympiacos and Real Madrid, who outlasted 78-66 another Spanish representative, Barcelona, to claim the biggest win. European Basketball Cup at club level.
The Greek delegate concluded the first quarter of the match, which was held at the Zalgirio Arena, with a lead of 24-17.
While Real Madrid started the second quarter of the match well and closed the gap, it entered the ring evenly 45-45.
Olympiacos finished the third quarter with a 63-59 lead, and the final period was the scene of much excitement.
3 seconds before the end of the match, Real Madrid advanced 79-78 with Sergio Lol’s basket, and the match ended with this score.
This shot by Liwei, who kicked the championship-winning two-point field goal, was the only accurate shot of the game. Yui finished the match with two points.
Sergio Rodriguez scored 15 points, and Walter Tavares, who was named the best player in the Final Four, scored 13 points in Real Madrid, under the leadership of Spanish coach Chus Mateu.
Real Madrid, the most successful team in the history of the European League, after 1963-1964, 1964-1965, 1966-1967, 1967-1968, 1973-1974, 1977-1978, 1979-1980, 1994-1995, 2014 seasons 2015 and 2017-2018 In 2022-2023, she completed regulation at the top and reached her eleventh tournament.
The performance of Sasha Vyzenkov, who was Olympiacos’ trump card in the final and was named the best player in the regular season, with 29 points, was not enough for the championship.
- Disabled protest in Kosovo
- Balkans | Serbia wants the OSCE to be more active in Kosovo
- The Iraq War in its twentieth year: Why did it start and what happened?
- Balkans | Parisians hold a referendum on electric scooters
- Balkans | Issue 271 of “Turkiti” magazine, published in Kosovo, has been published.
- Balkans | The “Energy Efficiency” project implemented in Mamosa
- Balkans | The Foreign Policy Committee of the European Parliament approves the Kosovo report
- Balkans | Martyrs’ Day was celebrated with prayers throughout Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | An agreement on VAT refund has been reached between Croatia and Turkey
- Balkans | “Germany is Bulgaria’s leading foreign trading partner”