Strong winds and snowfall in Serbia and Croatia negatively affected life.
According to a statement issued by the Serbian Institute of Meteorology (RHMZ), the snowfall and strong winds that were effective in the country affected life, and an orange alert was issued in many regions.
In the country also suffering from blackouts, many train services from the capital, Serbia, to Novi Sad, have been cancelled.
Red alert in Croatia
In a statement issued by the Croatian State Meteorological Institute (DHMZ), it was reported that a red alert has been issued in the coastal areas of the country due to strong winds, and an orange alert has been issued in the southern parts.
According to local media reports, strong winds, which increased their impact in the Karlovac region at noon, caused electricity and communications to be cut off in Uzale, Karlovac and Stengrad.
In the country, where trees due to strong winds damaged vehicles, citizens were warned to go out unless they had to.
- Balkans | Turkish athlete Ismail Nazir was named “Rising Star of the Year” in the Balkans in 2022
- Balkans | Greece and Malta lagged behind EU sanctions on Russian assets
- Balkans | Assistance continues from Greece for the earthquake zone
- Balkans | The desire to immigrate in the world is at its highest level in the past ten years
- Balkans | The Dictionary of Names of Turkish Literature was presented in Zagreb
- Balkans | Bomb threat at Skopje airport
- Balkans | Barriers in northern Kosovo have not been removed for 11 days
- Balkans | Serbia asks the Kosovo Force to send troops to Kosovo
- Balkans | European Parliament Vice-President Kylie arrested on corruption charges
- Balkans | The Pristina Embassy announced the volume of aid sent from Kosovo to Turkey