Bosnian Serb leader Milorad Dodik announced that Russian President Vladimir Putin was awarded the Medal of Republika Srpska.
Announcing that he would personally present the medal to Putin, Dodik said that the Russian leader was considered worthy of this award for his contributions to cooperation between the so-called “two states”.
Vasily Kyrylic, Ukraine’s ambassador to Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia, described the engagement tirade by Dodik as “a terrorist who sees another as worthy of a prize”.
During the ceremony at the Banski Dvor Cultural Center in Banja Luka as part of the celebrations for Republika Srpska Day on January 9, which the Constitutional Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina ruled unconstitutional, Dodik also said: “Businessman Slobodan Stankovic and Serbian Patriarch Irini, which the United States has included on Blacklisted for her contributions to RS,” I was also honored.
On January 9, 1992, Serb politicians in Bosnia and Herzegovina, one of the republics of Yugoslavia, announced that they had established the Republika Srpska under the leadership of Radovan Karadzic, nicknamed the “Butcher of Bosnia”, and retained part of Bosnia and Herzegovina. With Serbia and prevented the independence of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
For this reason, January 9, 1992 is considered by many to be the beginning of the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the ethnic cleansing movements in the territories proclaimed Republika Srpska.
The Constitutional Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina declared Republika Srpska Day “unconstitutional” in 2015 at the request of then-Presidency Council member Bakir Izetbegović.
Based on the decision, the People’s Assembly of Republika Srpska held a referendum on September 25, 2016 to recognize the day as “January 9 Republika Srpska”, but the Constitutional Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina did not recognize this referendum and prohibited actions to celebrate this. day.
Source: Balkan News
- Millionaire Who Fell “Like a Gentleman” from Titanic
- Balkans | About 10 percent of the largest foreign investors in Bulgaria are Austrian companies
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Investment Agency organized the International Business and Investment Forum in Istanbul
- Balkans | Commemoration of Bosnian hero Aleksić on the 30th anniversary of his death
- Balkans | The Kremlin: The sooner Ukraine accepts our demands, the sooner the conflict will end
- Balkans | Bulgaria signs an agreement to buy nuclear fuel from outside Russia
- Balkans | An Albanian court’s decision to extradite founder Thodex Ozer to Turkey has been appealed.
- Balkans | Minister Akar’s reaction to Greece: a miscalculation from Ankara
- Balkans | Spasovsky: 2.4 tons of drugs worth 6 million euros were seized in 2022
- Balkans | Criminal complaint against Wagner in Serbia