North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Bujar Osmani met Greek host Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias as part of his working visit to Athens.
During the meeting, the ministers expressed their satisfaction with the development of the dynamics of relations between the two neighboring countries and the fruitful cooperation in many areas and projects of common interest, as well as the perspective of further bilateral and regional progress.
The Prespa agreement and its positive impact on public relations and cooperation between the two countries were also discussed.
Pointing out that the 100% trade growth between the two countries is the best indicator of the new chapter in bilateral relations that made the signing of the agreement possible, Osmani said, “The relations between North Macedonia and Greece are the best example of good neighborliness and how to establish a stable and long-term friendship based on trust.” And mutual respect, and I am really pleased to set an example. We have a strategic partnership agreement, the consistent implementation of which is the basis for further cooperation and strengthening of our close relations.
Osmani thanked Greece for its support of the European integration process for North Macedonia, which began negotiations for full membership in the European Union this year.
- Balkans | Signing a cooperation protocol between Türkiye and Kosovo
- Balkans | The finalists for this year’s NIN Award have been announced
- Balkans | The number of journalists killed in 2022 has increased by 45 percent compared to last year
- Balkans | WHO and Chinese officials discuss the current situation of Covid-19
- Balkans | Anwar Lemis will bury the four bones of his father, who was killed in the Srebrenica genocide, tomorrow
- Balkans | The “Kosovo” statement from Milatović disappointed Serbia
- Balkans | Support contract for Kosovo in Albania
- Balkans | The Cooper Youth School 2023 workshops continued with activities for the eleventh week
- Balkans | Bosnia and Herzegovina sold the most arms to the United States, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey in 2023
- Balkans | The Small Pens Association held Iftar and Suhoor in the earthquake zone in Türkiye