Kosovo President Fyoza Osmani described the agreement with the European Union as good news for steps to improve the situation in the north.
Osmani said he expects after the agreement that the European Union will lift the measures it applies to Kosovo.
Osmani said in statements to the press, “We hope that the European Union will withdraw the measures it took unjustly towards Kosovo and that we will be more successful in dialogue.”
Referring to the issue of holding elections in four municipalities in the north, Osmani said, “Our laws allow elections to be held, and we will work in accordance with constitutional obligations.”
- Balkans | An exhibition of 60 different reptiles has opened in Zagreb
- Balkans | Nearly 3 million acres have been damaged in forest fires in the past 20 years in Greece
- Balkans | Immigration to Croatia
- Balkans | Bosnian Alim Okech is still remembered on the 46th anniversary of his death.
- Balkans | Bayraktar tension between Türkiye and Serbia
- Balkans | Kosovo statement from Türkiye: We are following the events with concern
- Balkans | A new railway tunnel has been built in Bulgaria for the first time in 50 years
- Balkans | Spasovsky: Corruption gnaws at Macedonian society
- Balkans | The Greek Cypriot administration will donate to the Hellenic Army
- Balkans | About 3.6 percent of the world’s population lives outside the country of birth.