Palestinian prisoner Haider Adnan, who has been on hunger strike for 87 days in Israeli prison, lost his life.
In a written statement by the Palestinian Islamic Jihad movement, “The Islamic Jihad movement, with all its insistence and determination, mourns the death of its leader, Sheikh Khader Adnan.” Data included.
The statement read: “In front of the world that protects and defends terrorism and injustice, the free hero Haider Adnan was martyred for a crime committed by the enemy,” and stated that the Israeli occupation administration would pay the price. price for this.
Adnan, whose health has recently deteriorated, has been on hunger strike for 87 days. In the statement, no further information about Adnan’s death was revealed.
In a written statement issued by the Palestinian Prisoners Association on 23 April, it was noted that the Israeli military court had refused to “release bail” for Adnan, who has been on hunger strike for 78 days and that his health has deteriorated.
The statement also indicated that Adnan, who attended the session via video conference, lost consciousness several times during the session, and said: “The health of the Palestinian prisoner is at a critical stage, but the occupation administration is still holding him in the prison clinic.” Not allowing him to be transferred to a civilian hospital and to visit his family.” Information was exchanged.
Haider Adnan went on hunger strike for 66 days in 2012, 52 days in 2015, 59 days in 2018 and 25 days in 2021, in response to his administrative detention. Adnan started his hunger strike on 5 February.
After being accused by Israel of belonging to the Islamic Jihad movement and participating in anti-Israel activities, 44-year-old Adnan has been arrested several times since 2012 and sentenced to prison with “administrative detention.”
Rockets were fired from Gaza towards Israel
After Haider Adnan was killed, rockets were fired towards Israel from the besieged Gaza Strip.
In a written statement issued by the Israeli army, it was noted that three rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip towards Israel.
The statement said that all the missiles fell in open ground, and that the air defense systems did not respond to the missiles.
Sirens sounded in the settlements surrounding the Gaza Strip.
- Balkans | The Kosovo government is concerned about divisions in the army
- Balkans | Parliamentary candidate of Balkan origin, Ebru Saraçoğlu, continues her electoral work
- Balkans | Sofia supports sending one million artillery shells to Ukraine
- Balkans | Prime Minister Kovaczewski welcomed the delegations of Kosovo and Serbia to Ohrid
- Balkans | Mustafa Karaday: HÖH will do its best to form a regular government
- Balkans | Turkey graduates from Bosnia and Herzegovina were among the first to help the earthquake zone
- Balkans | A Bosnian Muslim who went on pilgrimage from Austria on foot arrived in Kirkuk
- Balkans | Croatia expects to see the results of Schengen and eurozone accession by the end of the year
- Balkans | The countries of the Western Balkans welcomed the month of Ramadan with the first Tarawih prayers
- Balkans | Voting has ended in the polls prepared for the second round of the European presidential elections