The President of North Macedonia, Stevo Pendarovski, shared on the occasion of International Women’s Day March 8, “Women must have equal opportunities if we want a democratic society.” He said.
President Stevo Pendarowski said: “Today, as we commemorate women’s decades-long struggle for social, economic and political equality, let us remember that every woman has the right to free choice regarding her body, her family, her education, her profession, her job, her career, her development and her political work.” .
Pointing out that no society can develop if half of the population is excluded from this development, Pendarovski said, “We must call for greater political participation of women, more women in leadership positions, in order to implement policies that will plan for women’s needs and budgets that will be It has a gender dimension. We must create a social environment that allows more women to be included, not excluded.” He said.
Stating that if we want to build a modern, open and democratic society, we must do more for equal opportunities for women and men and leave inequality, discrimination and chauvinism in the past, Pendarowski said, “Victims of gender-based violence must be brought to justice. We need to fight with a voice Loud and resolute, strategically and tactically, against gender-based violence, to which there must always be a just solution.” He rated it.
- Balkans | The feet of the bridge between the border gates were cleaned by Turkish and Greek teams
- Balkans | Ukraine will be one of the main priorities during the OSCE presidency in North Macedonia
- Balkans | World-famous names continue to support them by asking Turkey for help.
- Balkans | The European Union announces progress in Kosovo and Serbia talks
- Balkans | Bulgaria taxes the excessive profits of energy companies
- Balkans | Aid for flood victims in Kosovo from Turkish soldiers
- Balkans | The European Union is preparing a strategy to return rejected asylum seekers
- Balkans | The Donkey Race with Santa Claus was held in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Dodik: War is not an option
- Balkans | Those who lost their lives in the earthquakes that were the epicenter of Kahramanmaraş in Germany were commemorated