The Greek Ministry of Labor advised against working, especially in the noon period, before the expected high temperatures.
And the ministry demanded, from today until Sunday, to slow down work or not to operate workers, especially for those working in heavy conditions, during the hours from 12.00 to 17.00 when the air temperature is high. Remote working is recommended whenever possible.
The Animal Protection Department of the Ministry of Agricultural Development and Food also issued a circular regarding the protection of animals that work under difficult conditions, especially during the summer holidays.
The circular indicated that cargo animals such as donkeys, mules and horses are transported in the islands by subjecting them to difficult working conditions in high air temperatures and exposing them to high temperatures on board ships during the summer months.
In the country, where higher air temperatures are expected until Sunday, it was requested not to run these animals at 12.00-17.00 during the temperature period when the temperature was 35-39 degrees, and throughout the day if the temperature exceeded 39 degrees.
In particular, donkeys and mules serve as riding animals on many tourist islands such as Santorini.
According to data from the Meteorological Department, temperatures in the capital, Athens, are expected to reach 40 degrees on Thursday and 44 degrees on Saturday.
Citizens have been warned of the heat wave called “Cleon”, which will spread across the country.
- Balkans | The interior ministers of Kosovo and Albania met at the border crossing
- Balkans | Aid collected in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia went to Turkey
- Balkans | After a short period of tension in northern Kosovo, the situation was brought under control
- Balkans | Olympiacos sign Kosovar footballer Beteki from Konyaspor
- Balkans | Aliyev was met by Svijanović, a Serb member of the Presidency Council of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Get good messages soon from turkish macedonian politicians
- Balkans | Bulgarian Central Bank Governor Dimitar Radev reassures
- Balkans | Zelensky: We continue to prepare the Ukrainian army for the next year
- Balkans | The PP-DB coalition in Bulgaria will not support a new GERB government
- Balkans | Reactions to the decision of the Hague Tribunal in Kosovo have increased