It was reported that the pitbull dog, which was taken by Russian soldiers from the Azovstal factory in Mariupol, Ukraine, in the process of a prisoner exchange between Russia and Ukraine on December 31, was also returned to the Ukrainian side.
The head of the Ukrainian Presidential Office, Andriy Yermak, announced in his post on his Telegram account that a “famous” pitbull dog had been returned to Ukraine as part of a prisoner exchange with the Russian side on December 31, 2022.
We are also bringing back the famous Azovstal dog,” Yermak said, sharing a photo of the dog. made remarks.
The dog, which was taken from Azovstal by Russian soldiers in the early stages of the war, has been handed over to the President of the Russian Chechen Republic, Ramzan Kadyrov.
As part of the prisoner exchange, 140 Ukrainian and 82 Russian soldiers were released.
1,596 Ukrainians were deported from Russian families in 2022
On the other hand, the Ministry of Reintegration of Temporarily Occupied Territories into Ukraine announced the release of 1,596 Ukrainians in 2022 thanks to a prisoner exchange with Russia.
In the written statement issued by the ministry, figures regarding the exchange of prisoners between Russia and Ukraine in 2022 were shared.
And in the statement, which indicated that 1,592 Ukrainian citizens were released as a result of the exchange of prisoners with the Russian side last year, “In 2022, 1,596 people were returned from enemy captivity. 1,464 soldiers and 132 civilians were released from Russian captivity.” expressions were used.
The statement stated that the state provides social and health support to those released from captivity.
- Balkans | The famous singer Boray attended his concert in Skopje
- Balkans | Teachers protest in Athens to demand an increase in their salaries
- Balkans | Greece and Bulgaria are taking action on the pipeline project that will disrupt the strait
- Balkans | Serbia’s population decreased by half a million yen
- Balkans | Violence at the Children’s Championship in Bosnia and Herzegovina met with a reaction
- Balkans | Elon Musk also revealed the process of suspending Trump’s account
- Balkans | Serbia asks NATO to deploy Serbian army and police in Kosovo
- Balkans | Radev and Nehammer: Protecting the EU’s external borders is a common obligation of the member states
- Balkans | Minister Akar: Greece should not miscalculate
- Balkans | Support Contract for Kosovo in North Macedonia