The President of North Macedonia, Stevo Pendarovski, said that Bulgaria’s request to participate in the constitutional amendment process in North Macedonia is outrageous.
Pendarovski said that even the conquerors did not demand such a thing in the lands they conquered and that there is no example of such a practice in the 21st century.
Pendarovski said that the refusal of Sofia by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Macedonia was appropriate and that Prime Minister Dimitar Kovačevski also agreed that the constitution is an internal issue for the country.
Bulgarian Foreign Minister Nikolai Melkov announced that Bulgaria wants to participate in the process of including the Bulgarian minority in the Constitution of North Macedonia.
North Macedonia began negotiations to join the European Union in July last year, and the requirement to include Bulgarians in the constitution was introduced to advance the process.
- What you need to know about Pandora’s Box
- The killer who hid the woman he killed in the freezer for 9 months: Bernie Ted
- Balkans | TGK realized the North Macedonian stage of the project “From Tradition to Future, From Sports to Brotherhood”
- Balkans | Foreign Minister Cavusoglu: The balance between the United States, Turkey and Greece has begun to deteriorate
- Balkans | Trenchevska: We are improving the quality of life of pensioners
- Balkans | Macedonia and Serbia sign a memorandum of cooperation in the field of European integration
- Balkans | Bulgarian swimmer Miladinov sold his European Championship medal to earthquake victims
- Balkans | For the second Friday prayer of Ramadan, tens of thousands stood at Al-Aqsa Mosque.
- Balkans | North Macedonian Turkish Education Day was celebrated in Edirne
- Balkans | Athens demanded recognition of Kosovo