North Macedonian President Stevo Pendarovski celebrated Turkish Education Day on December 21.
President Stevo Pendarovski sent a congratulatory message to the Turkish community in the Republic of North Macedonia on the occasion of the celebration of the Turkish Education Day on December 21.
In his message, President Pendarovski made the following statements:
“I sincerely congratulate you on the December 21st Turkish Education Day and wish you health, happiness and well-being.
This day is associated with the beginning of a free Macedonian state and the ASNOM Declaration on Fundamental Rights of Citizens, which guarantees the right to a free national life for non-majority communities. One of the first fruits of this declaration was the teaching of the mother tongue of many societies, including Turkish. Since then, Turkish language education has contributed to the preservation of Turkish identity, culture and traditions and to the promotion of coexistence in Macedonia’s multi-ethnic, multi-language and multi-religious society.
As loyal citizens of the Republic of North Macedonia, the members of the Turkish community are also a bridge for cooperation with the friendly Republic of Turkey.
Only together can we overcome all the difficulties that we face as a country and society. I believe that members of Turkish society will continue to make important contributions to building a stable, just and prosperous country for all.”
- Balkans | Kurti: “Russia is stoking tensions between Kosovo and Serbia while bogged down in Ukraine”
- Balkans | Morocco seeks to achieve a new victory over the “colonial countries” in the World Cup against France
- Turkey’s most mysterious serial murder case: the leg amputation murders
- Balkans | Kosovar Ottoman President meets with US Special Envoy for the Western Balkans Escobar
- Research scares Greece: ‘Turks are very helpful’
- Balkans | Artist Mishi is a voluntary ambassador of Turkish folk music in Hungary
- Balkans | “The problems in Kosovo may extend to Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina”
- Balkans | A Turkish truck driver died in a train disaster in Serbia
- Balkans | The Bulgarian authorities have accepted the request to extradite Goktas, one of the perpetrators of the Hablimtoglu assassination, to Turkey.
- Balkans | Arben Vitia has been reappointed as Kosovo’s Minister of Health