Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has arrived in Bulgaria as part of a working visit.
Aliyev was received in the capital, Sofia, by his Bulgarian counterpart, Rumen Radev.
Within the framework of his Bulgarian contacts, Aliyev also participated in the opening of the Bulgarian office of the Azerbaijani state oil company SOCAR.
Aiming to double its natural gas exports to the European Union by 2027, Azerbaijan started direct natural gas sales to Bulgaria in October last year.
Attaching great importance to cooperation with Bulgaria and Greece, Aliyev visited Sarajevo on April 13 and announced that Azerbaijan had acquired a new ally in Europe.
source: Balkan News
- Balkans | Bulgaria participates for the first time in the 10th Istanbul International Hunting, Weapons and Outdoor Sports Exhibition
- Balkans | New mayors are sworn in in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Commemoration of the martyrs of Çanakkale in Skopje
- Balkans | “The political crisis poses a threat to the Bulgarian economy”
- Balkans | Mato announced the amount of donations collected
- Balkans | The Croatian parliament refuses to train Ukrainian soldiers in the country
- Balkans | Respect for the Holy Quran held in Sweden
- Balkans | “In the public sector, salaries will rise according to a well-established system.”
- Balkans | The Turkish Skopje Theater will send the proceeds of the play “Bella Figura” to the earthquake victims in Turkey
- Balkans | A train carrying ammonia derailed in Serbia: 50 people were poisoned, one died