Şentop participated in the Suhoor program organized by the Xanthi Turkish Union (ITB) in Xanthi as part of his visit to Western Thrace.
President of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Mustafa Şentop stated that visiting Western Thrace and meeting with citizens is always a source of great happiness, and said: “Sharing the holy month of Ramadan with you, our esteemed compatriots, makes my visit more rewarding.”
In his speech here, Şentop mentioned that the 96th anniversary of the founding of the Turkish Xanthi Federation makes this day even more significant and emphasized that the Turkish Xanthi Federation, which was founded in 1927, has a special significance in Turkey.
Owentop stressed the importance of the activities carried out by the League in the fields of education, culture and sports from the past to the present as “the cultural tree of the Western Thrace Turkish minority” and said:
“There is no doubt that these activities of your association serve the Turks here to preserve their ties with their language, culture and past, and to preserve their identity. What is impressive is that the association did not remain silent about the injustices that it suffered in its nearly century-old life, and that it started a struggle and is still continuing in this The struggle until today. I would like to stress once again that we stand behind the just struggle that you are waging against all the difficulties for the use of your name. The problems of the Turkish minority in Western Thrace are one of the priority issues for our country. As Turkey, we will maintain our firm stance alongside our citizens on the protection of their rights arising from the Treaty of Lausanne and other international agreements.”
ITB President Ozan Ahmetoglu explained that the banner was dismantled because the association’s name was called “Turkish” and said that legal struggles over this issue continue.
Ahmetoglu stated that although the European Court of Human Rights has ruled against the practice, Greece has not implemented this decision.
Sahour’s program was attended by Turkish Ambassador to Athens Chatay Erciyes, Turkish Consul General to Komotini Aykut Onal, Mufti-elect of Komotini Ibrahim Sharif, Mufti of Zante Mustafa Trampa, Chairman of the Friendship, Equality and Peace Party (DEB) Cidem Asafoglu, wife of the late Sadiqoglu. Ahmet, his son Levent Ahmet, was attended by similar deputies and mayors.
Şentop met Mustafa Trampa, the mufti of Xanthi, in his office before the suhoor programme.
Newspaper millet. love
- Balkans | The Council of Ministers of the European Union approves the decision to exempt Kosovo from a visa
- Balkans | Prime Minister Kovaczewski heads to Belgrade tomorrow
- Balkans | Plenkovic: Milanovic is a complete Putin fan
- Balkans | Trabzonspor stopped its bad course with the Croatian coach Bjelica
- Balkans | Funeral prayers in absentia in Montenegro and Serbia
- Balkans | Akar: It’s time for NATO to say “stop Greece’s corruption”
- Balkans | Bulgaria and Germany cooperate in the development of dual education programmes
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Consul General in Thessaloniki visited the head of the province, Meteos
- Balkans | Housing prices have increased in European countries
- Balkans | Serbian striker Djokovic bids farewell to the quarter-finals of the Rome Open tennis tournament