The President of North Macedonia, Stevo Pendarovski, addressed the committee at the Macedonian Energy Forum.
President Pendarovski stated that energy issues have always been a challenge, but have intensified with the Ukraine war.
Pendarovski stressed the need for closer cooperation between the countries of the region, saying: “In the face of any obstacle, problem or difficulty in the world, the countries of the Western Balkans must become members of broader organizations, especially the European Union. Because they cannot solve such problems independently, with their internal resources. alone.” He said.
Speaking about his country’s European integration process, Pendarovski added that before the Ukrainian war, the European Union had lost interest in the integration of the countries of the Western Balkans, and that now support for EU membership in the region, especially in North Macedonia, is declining.
- Balkans | Greece left 40 migrants to their fate
- Balkans | The coffins of the victims of the Srebrenica genocide have been moved to the Potocari Memorial Cemetery where they will be buried.
- Balkans | A message from the Greek Minister of Defense to Turkey
- World famous castles: 20 of the most beautiful and famous castles
- Balkans | 81% of the population of Serbia is Orthodox
- Balkans | Von Kramon submitted a draft report on Kosovo to the European Parliament
- Balkans | Recruitment into the Bulgarian army continues
- Balkans | A new high of half a dinar on diesel
- Balkans | Companies in Europe and the United States continue to lay off workers amid recession fears
- Balkans | The Pope decided to return 3 relics from the Parthenon in the Vatican Museum to Greece