Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias stated that the two countries will hold elections in May, so both sides should take advantage of the decrease in tension.
Tensions between Greece and Turkey have eased in recent years. Discussion of a joint energy strategy with Ankara began in Athens.
Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias said the decrease in tension between Ankara and Athens could be an opportunity for energy cooperation. Dendias explained that after holding elections in the two countries in May, the environment is suitable for developing a joint strategy, especially for the transportation of natural gas to the eastern Mediterranean.
Dendias said in an interview with the country’s official radio station, ERT, that parties should share potential energy projects after the elections.
Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias stressed the importance of not wasting the opportunity for cooperation in the current rapprochement process between Greece and Turkey. Minister Dendias stated that the situation could easily become more volatile again, which could negatively affect the political climate.
Both countries are emerging as important stations in the transportation of natural gas extracted from gas fields in the eastern Mediterranean to Europe.
According to information provided in the weekly “The National Herald” newspaper issued in the United States, Dendias stated that he was optimistic about the 64th attempt, although he admitted that 63 attempts at dialogue between the two countries had failed so far.
Newspaper millet. love
- Balkans | Eyüp Sultan Municipality organized an Iftar program in the city of Gostivar
- Balkans | GSM operators in Greece made free calls to Turkey due to the earthquake
- Balkans | Kosovar Ottoman President in Skopje
- Balkans | The Kosovo Force increases its presence in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Young Turks are attracting attention in Kosovo with their unknown tools
- Balkans | Statement from Vucic prior to the crucial meeting
- Balkans | Nilufar Bulgaria Choir, Traveler
- Balkans | Minister Soylu met Greek Minister of Migration and Asylum Mitrakis
- Balkans | 81,415 survivors have been evacuated from the provinces affected by the earthquake
- Balkans | The European Parliament wants “Russia’s condition” for Serbia’s accession talks to the European Union