He protested in Pristina against the “Serbian Federation of Municipalities” that was to be established in Kosovo.
The demonstrators carried banners reading “In the name of the Albanian people against the Union of Serbian Municipalities” and chanted slogans in support of the Prime Minister of Kosovo, Albin Kurti, and demanded the establishment of the Union of Serbian Municipalities.
Speaking to Anadolu Agency (AA), one of the demonstrators, Fazli Haziri, stated that the creation of the Federation of Serbian Municipalities could be the starting point for the division of Kosovo, and said: “Bosnia and Herzegovina is the best example. It started with four municipalities there, and we know the situation there today. It has become a dysfunctional country. Kosovo is too small to divide, so we are against it. We are telling the international community that we will never accept a federation based on ethnicity.” He said.
On the other hand, Zenil Hulag stated that he participated in the demonstration to protect the state of Kosovo and said:
I did not have the opportunity to participate in the Kosovo war, but this is also a kind of war. It’s a war against Serbia that has fooled some rookies before. Now I came here to fight, we must fight to prevent the creation of the Federation of Serbian Municipalities in Kosovo because the Serbian army and the Serbian police will come here and even print passports in our country.
The agreement establishing the Federation of Serb Municipalities in Kosovo’s mostly Serb municipalities between Kosovo and Serbia was signed in 2013 with the mediation of the European Union (EU), but has not been put into practice.
Kosovo and Serbia negotiations
The European Union demands Kosovo and Serbia to reach a final agreement that can resolve the issues between the two countries to advance the integration process.
Finally, the two parties negotiate the text known as the “Franco-German Plan”, which is supported by all members of the United States of America and the European Union.
According to the plan, which has been leaked to the media, Kosovo is required to allow the creation of a Federation of Serb Municipalities in municipalities in the country where most Serbs live.
Serbia is required to respect Kosovo’s territorial integrity and allow it to join international organizations.
Kosovar Prime Minister Albin Kurti stated that the plan, which he described as “a good basis for negotiations”, was rejected by Serbia.
- Balkans | Candidates of Universities in Serbia have been introduced to Trajaya University
- Balkans | Fucik: SNS will choose a new management
- Balkans | Sultan Murad Mosque opened for worship in Pristina
- Balkans | Daylight saving time begins tonight
- Balkans | Skopje Turkish Theater Shows “Tic Tac” Play
- Balkans | The Bulgarian search and rescue team explained that they are working in cooperation with the Turks in the earthquake zone
- 10 interesting facts about Muhammad Ali
- Balkans | 87% of Macedonians believe that strong relations with Turkey are in the country’s interest
- Balkans | The defense ministers of Turkey and Greece spoke by phone
- Balkans | Turning point in the rights struggle of the Turks of Western Thrace: January 29