MEPs of the European Parliament (EP) have submitted a written question to the EU Commission on the access of children of Turkish minorities in Western Thrace to quality pre-school education.
In the parliamentary question signed by EP members Laurent Vinczy, François Alfonsi, Herbert Dorfmann and Yana Tom, it was noted that the number of bilingual Turkish primary schools in Western Thrace has decreased.
The parliamentary question indicated that there is no kindergarten for the bilingual minority in Western Thrace and that the demands of the Turkish community in this regard were not responded to by the Greek authorities. education “.
The proposal also includes the question of what steps the EU Commission intends to take to guarantee the education rights of children belonging to the Turkish community in Western Thrace.
- Balkans | The Centenary Cup was held in the village of Mehmet Akif Ersoy
- Balkans | Ottoman Kosovo president describes Serbian leader Vucic as ‘king of drama’
- Balkans | In the Albanian parliament, Prime Minister Rama’s relationship with the FBI was discussed
- Balkans | TMV students in Bosnia and Herzegovina have sent a message of unity to earthquake survivors in Turkey
- Balkans | Project applications have started within the scope of cross-border cooperation programs with Bulgaria, Turkey and North Macedonia
- Balkans | Opening of the exhibition “Antiquities of Contemporary Turkish Art” in Sofia
- Balkans | The exhibition “Antiquities of Contemporary Turkish Art” opened in Bulgaria on the occasion of the Republic’s centenary
- Balkans | Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia will be connected by railways and highways
- Balkans | Discussion of the “overthrow” between Serbia and Croatia
- Balkans | Kosovo Serbs clash with NATO’s Kosovo Peacekeeping Force