Kosovo President Fyoza Osmani responded to the injury of two young Serbs as a result of an armed attack in the Serb-dominated town of tirptse.
Osmani stressed that injuring an 11- and 21-year-old in a trptse is an unacceptable act and therefore the perpetrator must be brought to justice.
Noting that Kosovo’s institutions are committed as far as possible to ensuring a safe and calm environment for citizens regardless of their ethnic origin, he said, “I wish the injured a speedy recovery, and in the meantime, I urge the security authorities to deal with the case urgently and in accordance with the law.” He said.
The Prime Minister of Kosovo, Albin Kurti, also condemned the attack by a member of the Kosovo Security Force, and reassured the Serb citizens that the Kosovo Police are doing their best to protect the life and property of everyone without discrimination.
- Balkans | Radev and Nehammer: Protecting the EU’s external borders is a common obligation of the member states
- Balkans | 182 irregular migrants who were pushed to death by Greece have been rescued
- Balkans | Saudi Arabia announced that 7 million people will perform Umrah in 2022
- Balkans | The book “If You Don’t Get Lost, This City Is Still Yours” was presented in Skopje
- Balkans | The Turks of Western Thrace fear the “malignant mentality” that wants to erase the traces of Ottoman Turkishness
- Balkans | S-300 crisis between Russia and Greece
- Balkans | Ziraat Bank opened two more branches in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | The Bulgarian army is looking for more than 500 soldiers
- Balkans | The first necropolis of Athens hosts the works of famous sculptors
- Balkans | The Council of the Bulgarian Mufti discussed the priorities of the Mufti in 2023