The Kosovo Special International War Tribunal in The Hague sentenced former KLA commander Salih Mustafa to 26 years in prison for war crimes, including murder and torture, during the 1998-1999 War of Independence against Serbia and Kosovo, and this sparked strong reactions.
Politicians, intellectuals and analysts in the country criticized the decision of the Hague Court.
In reactions to the criticism that the Kosovo Special Tribunal in The Hague was designed to punish former KLA members and their leaders, it was stated that “the KLA is being punished today for the murders committed by the Serbian army.”
In the recorded reactions, where the Serb genocide and the crimes against the Albanian civilian population were tried, it was noted that while the Serbian criminals roamed freely in Belgrade, the liberators and the legitimate struggle for freedom were being tried.
Recalling that KLA war is known to be just, clean and inevitable, the reactions said, “No one can rewrite the history of Kosovo. No one can destroy the KLA which is the foundation of our freedom,” she said.
The sentencing of Sali Mustafa, a former KLA commander, who was sentenced to 26 years in prison for war crimes in the protests, was assessed as a great injustice to the entire nation.
- Balkans | Invitation of the European Commissioner for Human Rights Mijatović to Greece
- Balkans | The leader of the Serbs of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cvijanović, received the Turkish ambassador to Sarajevo
- Balkans | The plane crashed in Crete. 1 dead
- Balkan Time | The former president of the American Association of Young Men, Murad, has assessed potential constitutional changes in the country.
- Balkans | Osmani: OSCE values are more important today than ever
- Balkans | Dodik: “Russia made a big mistake by providing cheap energy to Europe for more than 40 years”
- Balkans | As of yesterday, the euro was only used in Croatia.
- Balkans | Greece let 50 asylum seekers die
- Balkans | Serbian President Vucic: We will do our best to keep the peace
- Balkans | Violence at the Children’s Championship in Bosnia and Herzegovina met with a reaction