Republika Srpska (RS), one of the two entities in Bosnia and Herzegovina, has announced that it has decided to end cooperation with the US and UK embassies in Sarajevo.
The statement issued by the Government of the Republic of Serbia stated that the embassies of the United States and England in Sarajevo acted against the Dayton Peace Agreement that ended the 1992-1995 war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and therefore it was decided to terminate cooperation.
Emphasizing that the Republika Srpska institutions will not cooperate with the diplomats of the respective embassies, he stated that the cooperation will continue on the day the embassies stop interfering in the internal affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Evaluating the decision, RS President Milorad Dodik stated that they decided to cut off contact with the US and UK embassies at today’s government session and said that this is their attitude towards those who do “evil”.
The US Embassy in Sarajevo also issued a statement on its social media account, “This is another dangerous path chosen by Dodik. This is the situation of an isolated and authoritarian administration. This position, which is not in the interest of the people of Republika Srpska, is endorsed by Dodik. The United States has many years of Cooperation with Republika Srpska institutions. We will continue to provide our assistance to the people of Republika Srpska. Data included.
In the statement, he stated that it is not in the interest of Republika Srpska for Dodik to leave aside countries that have been friends of Bosnia and Herzegovina for many years and go along with authoritarian leaders.
- Balkans | Croatia becomes a member of the European Stability Mechanism
- Balkans | Ambassador Sakar’s farewell visit to Kosovar President Osmani
- Balkans | Kosovo Prime Minister Kurti: “We will always be grateful to Turkey”
- Balkans | President Pendarovski spoke at the session at the Macedonian Energy Forum
- Balkans | NATO’s military budget has increased by 25 percent, to nearly two billion euros
- Balkans | Adami, president of the Kosovo Football Federation, was arrested
- Balkans | Nowruz celebration in Albania
- Balkans | Kurti sought support in Albania
- Balkans | The first snow of the season in the mountains around Sarajevo
- Balkans | Kovaczewski: Terrible news from Turkey that saddens us all