Croatia has reported the rescue of 10 migrants who were about to freeze in a river on the border with Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In the statement made by the Croatian Search and Rescue Office (HGSS), the police reportedly received a tip that a group of migrants were stuck in the freezing waters after their boats were punctured in the Sava River on the Croatian border with Bosnia and Herzegovina. Herzegovina and search and rescue teams have taken action.
Noting that 10 male migrants trying to reach Croatia illegally are about to be frozen, the statement said that the migrants who were brought ashore by police and search and rescue teams were taken to the health center.
Croatian police also warned that the Sava river on the border of Bosnia and Herzegovina is very dangerous and reported that 6 migrants from Afghanistan were rescued from the freezing waters last week.
Migrants are trying to reach European Union countries through Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia.
- Balkans | The signing of a coalition agreement in Bosnia and Herzegovina paves the way for the formation of the government
- Balkans | Kosovo Prime Minister Kurti: We will continue to work on reforms on the way to EU membership
- Balkans | Jewish settlers attack a church in occupied East Jerusalem
- Balkans | It was alleged that Greek military personnel were resting due to the armament programmes.
- Balkans | The release of 11 people arrested in the DHKP-C operation in Greece in 2020
- Balkans | Bulgarian Prosecutor Ivan Gechev traveled to Turkey at the invitation of the International Union of Prosecutors
- Balkans | Monday is an official holiday in North Macedonia
- Balkans | Bulgaria: Russian forces committed systematic war crimes in Ukraine
- Balkans | Bulgaria’s accession to Schengen seems increasingly possible
- Balkans | VMRO DPMNE demands the resignation of Foreign Minister Osmani