The North Macedonian Energy Regulatory Authority (RKE) has lowered the price of electricity for small consumers and households, but the Value Added Tax (VAT) will increase.
Energy Regulatory Commission Chairman Marko Bislimowski confirmed that the price of electricity will decrease for 99.2% of small consumers and households, but the value-added tax will increase from 5% to 10%.
“While making our decisions, we took into account the protection of the environment, the standard of living, the indication given by consumers, especially families, and the fact that they were saving in the past period. We will focus on helping small consumers in this decision,” said Bislimovsky. He said.
The total price for small consumers will decrease by 20.15% from January 1st. This price will be applied to 70,000 businesses facing rising electricity costs in the country. These are small shops, hairdressers, barbers, small cafes, these are businesses that need help.
- Balkans | Speaker of the Şentop Parliament in Serbia
- Balkans | Kosovo Serbs protest against Vucic
- 12-mile warning for Greece
- Balkans | SDA: “Schmidt asked us to withdraw”
- Balkans | K. Conflicting statements regarding the Macedonia visa application to Turkey
- Balkans | President Bendarovski celebrated Turkey Day December 21
- Balkans | Izmir County Municipality and Elbasan Municipality became brothers
- Balkans | 16 people were killed, including the Ukrainian Minister of Internal Affairs, in a helicopter crash near Kyiv
- Balkans | NATO Force in Kosovo is closely monitoring developments in the north of the country
- Balkans | Illegal entries into the EU reached the highest level since 2016 last year