Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova stated that Greece’s plans to supply Ukraine with Russian S-300 air defense systems are “provocative” and “hostile”.
Zaharova made a written statement regarding Greek media allegations that “Greece is ready to deliver Russian S-300 air defense systems to Ukraine”.
Noting that the Greek administration made similar statements recently, Zaharova said: “We believe that the provocative plans (of the Greek administration) to send the S-300 and other Russian and Soviet air defense systems to the Kyiv system are hostile.” Use phrases.
“We warn the Greek administration”
Zaharova stressed that “Greece will be complicit with Ukraine by sending weapons to conflict areas and will violate the agreements it concluded with Russia in the field of military technology in 1995 and 2013”:
These agreements prohibit Greece from transferring military equipment we have purchased to a third country without Russia’s consent. Violation of obligations under the agreement will have inevitable consequences, weakening Greece’s defense capability. This indicates that the Greek side is indifferent to international restrictions on arms trade. All military equipment sent to Kyiv will be tracked down and destroyed by Russian forces in due course. Dangerous plans can be abandoned before it is too late. We warn the Greek administration that it must be held responsible.”
News in the Greek media claimed that “Greece will send the S-300 air defense systems purchased from Russia to Ukraine in case the United States places the Patriot anti-aircraft missile system in Crete.”
- Balkans | Osmani: The attacks on the Ukrainian people must stop
- Balkans | 1.4 million people visited Qatar for the World Cup
- Balkans | 1 billion people worldwide are served by health facilities without safe electricity
- Balkans | 4 children lost their lives in the Sanjak fire
- Balkans | Sylvino era in Albania
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic evaluated the Franco-German plan on the Kosovo issue
- Balkans | International Energy Agency: The world is entering a new industrial era in clean energy technologies
- Balkans | Cavusoglu: We discussed how we can improve our relations with Serbia
- Balkans | “Why is the admission of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen not among the priorities of the Swedish presidency?” ￼
- Balkans | President Pendarovski attended the panel discussion at the IBU