High Representative of Bosnia and Herzegovina Christian Schmidt said that ownership of immovable public real estate was not defined by the Dayton Peace Agreement.
Schmitt stressed the need to solve this issue that is causing the current political crisis in BiH, and called on politicians from BiH to do their job.
The Office of the High Representative has established a working group of experts on this issue.
High Representative Schmidt also stated in his statement that the entities have no right to secede from Bosnia and Herzegovina and that the Dayton Peace Agreement forms the basis of their legal existence. “The sovereignty and territorial integrity of Bosnia and Herzegovina is indisputable and I strongly reject irresponsible positions on this issue,” Schmidt said.
Referring to Bosnian Serb leader Milorad Dodik’s statement to deploy police at the entity’s borders, Schmidt said that there are no borders within Bosnia and Herzegovina and no obstacles can be placed to freedom of movement within the country.
- Balkans | The establishment of the Federation of Serbian Municipalities is based on the dialogue process between Belgrade and Pristina
- Balkans | Kosovo’s leaders sign a petition for EU membership
- Balkans | SpaceX has halted the launch due to a technical failure in the rocket to be sent into space
- Balkans | Announcing the Ramadan program of the Skopje Murat Pasha Mosque
- The historical development of psychiatric hospitals from the past to the present
- Balkans | More than 50 million grants will be awarded to 340 companies in Plovdiv
- Balkans | Rescue of 10 migrants in a frozen river on the border of Croatia with Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Croatian word quiz
- Balkans | Banning Bulgaria and Romania from Schengen membership undermines EU solidarity.
- Fuel prices have been updated.