High Representative for Bosnia and Herzegovina Christian Schmidt said that Ratko Mladic and Radovan Karadzic, who were convicted of numerous massacres against Bosniaks and genocide in Srebrenica in the country’s 1992-1995 war, were not heroes as the Serbs advocated, but rather war criminals. .
According to a written statement issued by the Office of the High Representative, Schmidt recalled that the January 9 Republika Srpska Day, which Bosnian Serbs declared to be celebrated so gloriously this year, was “unconstitutional”.
Emphasizing that the decisions taken by the Constitutional Court are binding, Schmidt said that these decisions should be respected in every region of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Stressing that the controversial January 9 celebrations are an indication of disrespect for the authority and decisions of the Constitutional Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Schmidt said: “January 9, which was declared as the Day of the Republic of Serbia, has no significance in strengthening collective memory.” He said.
High Representative Schmidt said: “Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic are two people who have been convicted of war crimes as the architects of genocide. That is why they should be called war criminals, not heroes.” Use phrases.
Schmidt asked state officials to label the people involved as “war criminals,” and added that the foundations for peaceful development were laid with the Dayton Peace Agreement and that the agreement should be respected.
- Balkans | Double refund for passengers due to cancellation of train services in France
- Balkans | Life is returning to normal in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Zelensky: We have to fight for the supply of modern tanks
- What you need to know about Pandora’s Box
- Balkans | Letter of “resignation” from Serbian President Vucic
- Balkans | Foreign Minister Cavusoglu met with Speaker of the Bulgarian Parliament Rashidov
- Balkans | Attempts to reduce tensions between Kosovo and Serbia are gaining momentum
- Balkans | 34 thousand tourists overnight in Kosovo hotels
- Balkans | Sergeant Qandil will check tomorrow
- Balkans | Visit of the Turkish Ambassador to Athens Erciyes to the Greek Business Council DEİK