Due to the current security situation in northern Kosovo, primary and secondary schools in four northern municipalities are closed until further notice.
The decision was announced by Miodrag Jovanović, principal of the “Sveti Sava” primary school in northern Mitrovica. Jovanovic said his decision was likely made by the authorities.
Serbian schools in northern Kosovo operate according to the Serbian education system.
Meanwhile, road blockages by trucks and large buses continue in Rudari village of Zvecan municipality.
Basem Hoti, spokesman for the Kosovo police for the northern Mitrovica region, said the day was quiet.
- Balkans | 5 people were caught trying to cross into Greece illegally
- Balkans | The second military team from North Macedonia left for Turkey
- Balkans | The Turkish national football team will face Croatia this evening in the second match of the European Nations 2024 qualifiers.
- Balkans | 1 in 2 people worldwide discriminate against age
- Balkans | Messages from the world “July 15th Day of Democracy and National Unity”
- Balkans | Announcing the Ramadan program of the Skopje Murat Pasha Mosque
- Balkans | Attempts to reduce tensions between Kosovo and Serbia are gaining momentum
- Balkans | A celebration was held in Bosnia and Herzegovina on the occasion of the 108th anniversary of the Çanakkale victory
- Balkans | European Union: High turnout in Turkish elections is a big win
- Balkans | Apazovic: Montenegro will not support Dodik’s separatist actions