Customs officers at the Serbian border crossing of Patrovci prevented an attempt to smuggle more than 94,000 euros, which a passenger hid in a custom waist belt.
It was revealed when a 46-year-old traveled alone from Croatia to Serbia in a BMW with foreign license plates, arriving at the country’s entrance. He said in a meeting with customs officials that he was carrying the permitted 10,000 euros, which he showed.
He said he was carrying 10,000 euros
This was revealed during the driver’s personal search, when a belt filled with wads of money was found wrapped around his waist. While the permitted amount of €94,000 will be returned to the passenger so that he can be transported across the border without notification, the remaining amount will be determined by the competent court in misdemeanor proceedings.
source: Plus 33
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Consul General in Thessaloniki visited the head of the province, Meteos
- Balkans | Parliament Speaker Şentop continued his contacts in Serbia
- Balkans | Corti: There is no such thing as a federation of municipalities of Serbia in Kosovo
- Balkans | “Republic Serbian Day” is celebrated in Bosnia and Herzegovina despite it being unconstitutional
- Balkans | Commemoration of Bosnian hero Aleksić on the 30th anniversary of his death
- Balkans | Kosovo’s Prime Minister Kurti was welcomed with an official ceremony in Vienna
- Balkans | Claims that Kosovo is preparing for war is Serbian propaganda.
- Balkans | Zaharova threatened: “The fate of Kosovo …”
- Balkans | 70 percent of Albanians live in financial difficulties
- Balkans | Turkish fencers will take to the track in Serbia